Saturday, September 27, 2008

Got to start somewhere

I had to start somewhere so I will start with posting about my Kimber Custom 2. It is a 1911 style .45acp auto loading handgun. It comes standard with rubber grips, match grade barrel, internal extractor, match trigger set to 4.5 lbs. a polished feed ramp and a combat hammer. From the factory it comes with one 7 round mag, A plastic take down tool, manual, and of course the high dollar cable lock.

The Kimber is a very reliable semi automatic handgun. I have about 1500 rounds in mine so far and very few problems so far. The ones I have had have mostly been my fault. In the first 300 or so rounds there were no problems. After that I bought some Wolf ammo(high dollar stuff) and after about 40 round I had my first malfunction. The dirty chamber did not let the casing extract and tried to load the next round. After clearing that I did not have any problems for about another 400 round when I started to use a cheap magazine that I got at a pawn shop just to see if it would feed. It was a cheap 7 rd S/S mag that I had to smooth up the side where it was not properly finished. The mag worked fine for about 75-100 rounds then it locked open with 1 round left in the mag. Since then I have used it many times and never had a problem since then. I also have the 7 rd mag that the Kimber came with another 8 round Kimber and a 8rd chip McCormick Shooting Star mag. The Shooting Star mag is in my opinion is the best.

So far I have used almost any kind of cheap ammo that you can get. They all feed fine if it is clean. Or at least cleanish. The Wolf is a VERY dirty ammo.


As far as accuracy it can shoot MUCH better than I can. It can easy put 5 round in 1.5 in at 25 yds but most of the time I cannot shoot that good. At 50 yd it starts to spread out a lot making it hard to hit a 5 gallon bucket at about 65 yard.


Well I guess that is all for now maybe later I will post about my holster that I like for it.

Stephen

2 comments:

Becky said...

Very informative darling.

Tommy said...

You have been Tagged. See my blog for rules.

You have taken too long to post so you were tagged.